In the interests of personal hygiene, we will remain open. However, in light of the Covid-19 Virus we must all stick to the following instructions to protect you and every other person that comes into the laundromat. While doing laundry it is important each person spends the least amount of time in the laundromat building as possible. Following these procedures will help all of New Zealand lessen the risk of spreading Covid-19.
Therefore we ask the following of you please:
- A 2 metre physical distance between all persons must be maintained at all times – this is for your safety
- Do not enter site if you are unwell with any one of these symptoms, runny nose, cough, fever or sore throat
- Only one person per household to enter site to do laundry (please no other family members to lessen the risk of any cross contamination)
- Load laundry into machines and wait in car (not on site) until cycle finishes
Further information on laundry procedures during Covid-19 are below.
We are all in this together and thank you for your co-operation.
- Wash items in accordance with the directions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting, and dry items, so they are completely dry, on the highest appropriate dryer temperature.
- Use the right amount of soap. Too much soap creates excess suds that enable dirt and grime to remain trapped inside the fabric. The right amount of soap will clean properly and then be rinsed from the clothing.
- Use the dryer – Viruses & bacteria hate heat. Using a dryer for your clothes or linen is one of the most hygienic ways to dry your items and can help prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria. Where possible, aim to use our highest dryer temperature (87°C) on a normal 25 minute cycle. This is a higher temperature than what can usually be achieved in a household dryer. Please make sure you check clothing labels first.
- Regularly clean and disinfect your clothes basket. Use a clean rubbish bag or other such bag/container for dry clean clothes to prevent cross contamination.
Please observe all personal hygiene and physical distancing according to according to Ministry of Health guidelines as below:
We recommend you refer to the Ministry of Health website below giving further advice about laundry and use of laundromats:
Sources – Centers for Disease Control, Industry sources